All about Josh - AKA Mosh

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Number 12 - Josh's least favourite number

We had Josh's needles today... horrible, horrible experience. I didn't even tell him what we were there for, but as soon as we walked in (had to go to the 'cattle call' community hall session) he said "I don't like this place".

I told him we just had to get a number. He said "I don't want a number". We sat and waited. He had fun playing his Leapster while we waited. They called number 12, and I got up and got our name marked off, then sat down again. Then the nurse called number 12 and I told Josh, that's our number. He said "I don't want that number", crossed his arms and put on a grumpy face. We started walking toward the nurse and he cracked it, and ran the other way. I had to drop my bag and chase after him. Then I had to pick him up kicking and screaming and take him to the nurse. The whole time he was screaming "I don't want that number". He didn't even know what we were there for!!! The nurse was trying to tell me all the things she needs to say, over his screaming. Then she tried to talk to him, ask him about kinder and all that. He kept screaming, "I don't want that number". She said "Should I just do it?" I said yes. So I had to hold his arms still while she did the first one, with lots of people staring at the screaming kid. And of course the screaming got worse after the first needle. Then we had to do it again in the other arm! Horrible! We walked back to the seat, Josh said "I don't like that". But I managed to calm him down with some chocolate. Then we had another game on the Leapster, and then, surprisingly I had to talk him into leaving!!! He wanted to stay and keep playing the game!!!

No comments: